The SolarEdge power optimizer is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each PV module or embedded by module manufacturers, replacing the traditional solar junction box. The SolarEdge power optimizers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module individually. Furthermore, the power optimizers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring portal for enhanced, cost-effective module-level maintenance. Each power optimizer is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature which automatically shuts down modules' DC voltage whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down.
The MPPT per module allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge Inverters, SolarEdge power optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems.
The SolarEdge power optimizers are compatible with c-Si and thin-film modules and have a 25 year warranty.
Feature highlights of SolarEdge Power optimizers:
- Per-module Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of modules mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25 year reliability and warranty
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic module DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety
- Embedded by module manufacturers, or connected by installers to c-Si and thin-film modules