These small wind turbines are perfect for someone who wants to experiment with wind energy, for a small cabin system or to supplement a solar panel. Used by boaters, farmers, ranchers, RVers, campers, hunters and science classes all over the world.
Comes complete with 20 feet of wire, ring terminals to go to your 12V battery and everything else you need to build your turbine. These are medium to high speed turbines that need at least 18 mph to reach 13V to charge a 12V battery. At lower wind speeds that can easily charge 4 AA batteries in a battery holder.
- The units are very small, about 10" long from the tip of the prop to the end of the tailfin. Propeller is 12" long.
- They come with a blocking diode installed so as not to discharge your battery when the wind isn't turning the turbine.
- The downtube (the part that slips into your mounting pole, etc.) is 1" steel and will fit into a standard pipe that is .75 inside diameter.
- The tail fin (which keeps it pointed into the wind) is made of white plastic and is bolted to the main beam with a pair of bolts.
- The unit comes 95% assembled and anyone can bolt on the tail fin and install the prop in less than 5 minutes.
Weighs about 12 ounces so can be easily packed.